Jaime Guttenberg & Gina Montalto Friendship Scholarship
Application deadline: May 15, 2020
The Jaime Guttenberg & Gina Montalto Friendship Scholarship
Inclusive Scholarship Application
*If the applicant needs assistance to complete this application, they may seek assistance from their parent or guardian. This assistance should be discussed with a TFJ representative, prior to completing the application to make sure the modification provides an equitable opportunity to all applicants. For accommodations, please email: email@example.com detailing assistance that is needed.
- Committed to embodying the values of inclusivity, kindness & empathy within their communities & beyond
- Graduating senior or student
- A minimum of eighty cumulative hours as a volunteer or participant with The Friendship Journey.
- Accepted for full-time enrollment at a college, community college, university, trade school, institute of technology, seminary, vocational rehabilitation or other approved program.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (based on 4-point scale). If specific accommodations or considerations to be made for a GPA lower than 2.75, please include detailed explanation.
The annual scholarships awarded will be determined by the Scholarship Committee based on the applicant’s commitment to service and availability of funds each year. Individual scholarship awards will not exceed $4,000.
No services are required from you if you receive a scholarship, so the amount awarded is not required to be reported by The Friendship Journey on any form to the IRS. However, the scholarship must be spent on “qualified educational expenses” (tuition, course supplies) to remain tax free. Tax topic 421 at irs.gov (https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc421) contains additional information about qualified expenses.