Jaime Guttenberg & Gina Montalto Friendship Scholarship
Application deadline: May 7, 2021
The Jaime Guttenberg & Gina Montalto Friendship Scholarship Application
*If the applicant needs assistance to complete this application, they may seek assistance from their parent or guardian. For accommodations, please email: email@example.com detailing assistance that is needed.
*Our virtual scholarship event will take place Sunday, June 6th*
- Committed to embodying the values of inclusivity, kindness & empathy within their communities & beyond
- Graduating high school senior
- A minimum of 80 cumulative hours as a volunteer or participant with The Friendship Journey
- Continuing their educational journey at a college, community college, university, trade school, institute of technology, seminary, vocational training, employment or other approved program
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (based on 4-point scale). If specific accommodations or considerations should be made for a GPA lower than 2.75, please include an explanation.
The annual scholarships awarded will be determined by the Scholarship Committee based on the applicant’s commitment to service and availability of funds each year. Individual scholarship awards will not exceed $3,000.
No services are required from you if you receive a scholarship, so the amount awarded is not required to be reported by The Friendship Journey on any form to the IRS. However, the scholarship must be spent on “qualified educational expenses” (tuition, course supplies) to remain tax free. Tax topic 421 at irs.gov (https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc421) contains additional information about qualified expenses.